- Date: Sun Aug 30 1998 21:09
Fred (Depression) ID#341234:
- I do not think it is likely that the first phases of a global depression will be good for the price of gold. From the supply side, cheaper labor due to currency collapse makes mining cheaper. From the demand side, people will stop buying jewelry in a depression. I think it is something like 90% of all new gold that goes into making jewelry. When price of gold goes low enough to put 95% of all mining companies out of business, then it will be time for a big rally.
- Date: Sun Aug 30 1998 21:05
Fred (Test) ID#341234:
- Date: Sun Aug 30 1998 18:19
TYoung (F*...does it begin now or is it held off....again...) ID#317193:
- We watch and wait...the currency crisis...not if, but when?